Love it or loath it, Summer is long and hot in the Mojave Desert. Before brains fry and tempers flare I complied a list of heavenly places to escape to, any time of day.
- A sunrise hike (or just a drive by) in the red rocks canyon puts your life’s drama back into perspective. Followed by an ice coffee at Samalatte – hands down the best coffee shop in Vegas. http://www.redrockcanyonlv.org http://www.sambalatte.com
- A giggling, energizing couple hours in the morning with my toddler at a water park. Wet n Wild takes water play to a whole other level! http://wetnwildlasvegas.com/
- A sultry afternoon drinking a chilled Pinot Blanc at M Resort pool. Located just 10 miles from the Strip, it feels like a mini vaca from the pulsing heart of Vegas! http://www.themresort.com/
- A twilight evening playing on a super green freeway will quelsh a thirst mind. Legacy Golf Course is a great public choice and serves a very generous G&T. www.obsports.com
- A spontanious late night out dancing under the stars, and the Eifel Tower, at Chateau http://www.chateaunights.com/
Have you visited Las Vegas? If so, what is your heavenly place?